What Causes a Bloody Nose?
More than half the population will experience a nosebleed during their lifetime, and they are generally not a cause for concern. Common causes of nose bleeds include:
- Foreign objects in the nasal cavity
- Excessive dryness (caused by lack of humidity or medications)
- Environmental irritants, including allergens
Bloody noses can also be more common for people with bleeding disorders or who take medications that thin the blood such as Aspirin.
How Do I Know If My Nose Bleeds Are Serious?
Usually, nose bleeds are not serious. However, you should see a doctor if your bloody nose:
- Occurs after an injury
- Is excessive
- Lasts more than 20 minutes
- Causes difficulty breathing
Also, consider getting an evaluation if your nose bleeds are chronic to identify any triggers and the underlying cause.
Chronic nose bleeds? Get evaluated. Call or Text Us